How Important Is Your Answer to the Harvard College Essay Prompt?
Harvard is the oldest University in the US having been established in 1636. It has produced 8 US presidents over its many years and is often seen as the most prestigious university in the country. Getting into Harvard University, however, is not going to be easy as the institution is heavily oversubscribed and very selective. Less than 5.5% of applicants will be selected for this high-ranking institution so you will need to work very hard on your application if you want to have any chance at all. Answering the Harvard essay prompt is a way that will make you stand out is a vital step in getting selected. You will be competing against many others that are highly qualified so your prompt answers will often be all that will differentiate you from them. So your Harvard admissions essay prompt answer must be unique and engaging if you are to have any chance of being noticed. Many however will need help to achieve the standard of writing that will be required.
Our professional application essay services have been supporting students with their applications across all colleges and universities for several years. From your NYU application essay to answering the Harvard admission essay prompt you will always be provided with an expert that fully understands the specific place you are applying to. We work directly with you to ensure that your essays are highly personalized, engaging and capable of making the committee notice you.
What Is the Harvard Essay Prompt?
You will, in fact, be required to write more than one essay for your application to Harvard and what they will cover will very much depend on the application method that you use. Harvard accepts applications through the Common Application, the Universal application and also the Coalition application. Each of these methods will require you to write an application essay according to their prompts as well as answering the Harvard University admission essay prompt that will be found within the supplementary section required for this section.
The following are the application essay requirements depending on the different methods that you could choose:
- Common application; you are required to select 1 of 7 different prompts to answer. Your answer will need to be between 250 and 650 words in length.
- Coalition application; this requires you to select a single prompt from a choice of 5. Your essay should be anywhere from 300 to 550 words in length.
- Universal Application; this requires a personal statement to be written that “…demonstrates your ability to develop and communicate your thoughts.” This should be no more than 650 words in length.
The Harvard supplement will provide you with you actual Harvard application essay prompt. This is actually an optional requirement, however, it should be borne in mind that 86% of those that were accepted did provide an essay. There is no specified word count for your essay but between 500 to 700 words is recommended, anything too long simply will not be read. The following is the essay prompt for Harvard:
“You may wish to include an additional essay if you feel that the college application forms do not provide sufficient opportunity to convey important information about yourself or your accomplishments. You may write on a topic of your choice, or you may choose from one of the following topics:
- Unusual circumstances in your life
- Travel or living experiences in other countries
- What you would want your future college roommate to know about you
- An intellectual experience (course, project, book, discussion, paper, poetry, or research topic in engineering, mathematics, science or other modes of inquiry) that has meant the most to you
- How you hope to use your college education
- A list of books you have read during the past twelve months
- The Harvard College Honor code declares that we “hold honesty as the foundation of our community.” As you consider entering this community that is committed to honesty, please reflect on a time when you or someone you observed had to make a choice about whether to act with integrity and honesty.
- The mission of Harvard College is to educate our students to be citizens and citizen-leaders for society. What would you do to contribute to the lives of your classmates in advancing this mission
- You may write on a topic of your choice. “
When you write your supplementary essay you should bear in mind the following:
- Don’t repeat anything that is in your other application essay; make it completely different
- Talk about you, they really want to understand who you are and why you are applying
- Show what you have achieved and who you are with clear example
- Demonstrate clearly that you fit into the Harvard culture
We Can Help to Answer Your Harvard College Application Essay Prompt
No matter what courses you are applying to study at Harvard you must ensure that your essays are the best that they can be and that they are capable of getting you noticed. Our specialist writers fully understand what the admission committee within the college will be looking for and also have the superior writing skills that are needed to create that outstanding essay.
Our experts hold higher level degrees and have exceptional English skills as well as the dedication required to ensure that your essay will always fully satisfy your particular needs. We provide a full money back guarantee on your essays quality and will always deliver it to you on time. It will also be completely unique with a plagiarism report and have been thoroughly proofread so that it is error free.