How Important Are Your Answers to University of Washington Application Essay Prompts?
Almost every year the University of Washington is up there in the top 15 universities in the world. It is a large university with over 46 thousand students and has an acceptance rate of just 45% so you will have your work cut out for you if you want to get in. One of the most important parts of your application is going to be the University of Washington application essay. When you apply you will be competing with many others that are going to be a place on the same course as you. Often the only thing that will be able to separate you will be your UW application essay. This must be written in a way that is really going to help you get noticed by the admissions committee. This will mean answering the UW application essay prompt perfectly and in a highly engaging personal way. Our highly specialized writing and editing help are able to give you some of the best support that you will be able to find online to craft your prompt answers in a way that is going to give you an edge. Our staff is selected carefully so that you will always work with someone that is going to fully understand the University of Washington admissions process inside out. They will also have the writing skills required to ensure that your essay will really make you stand out.
What Is the University of Washington Application Essay Prompt?
You will be required to write more than one single essay for your University of Washington application and each will need to be written in a way that allows the committee to see exactly who the person is behind your grades. They expect that your essay is written as a short story rather than as a list of achievements that you have made. A good story gives them a better insight into who you are as well as giving you an opportunity to write something that will get their attention.
The initial University of Washington application essay prompt comes from the Coalition application process and you need to choose one from a selection of 5 possible essays. They expect your essay to be no more than 500 words in length. The following are the coalition prompts that you can choose from:
- Tell a story from your life, describing an experience that either demonstrates your character or helped to shape it. This is a wide open question that will allow you to talk about your specific skills such as leadership, generosity or whatever it is that defines you best. Remember however that they are asking about a specific experience to demonstrate those traits that you wish to showcase.
- Describe a time when you made a meaningful contribution to others in which the greater good was your focus. Discuss the challenges and rewards of making your contribution. Don’t just focus on the contribution that you have made, they want to learn about you. So discuss how it has shaped you and what it really means to you.
- Has there been a time when you’ve had a long-cherished or accepted belief challenged? How did you respond? How did the challenge affect your beliefs? This is an ideal opportunity to show your maturity and how you can handle being challenged.
- What is the hardest part of being a teenager now? What’s the best part? What advice would you give younger siblings or friends (assuming they would listen to you)? While this could lead to some humorous responses do try to maintain a level of seriousness that allows the committee to see the real you. Ensure that your insights are unique and do not just address very broad topics that others may tackle such as bullying unless you have a unique perspective.
- Submit an essay on a topic of your choice. While this is totally open you will want to ensure that your essay provides the reader with a real insight into who you are and why you are wanting to study undergraduate programs at the UW.
In addition to the essay above you will also be required to provide a short response essay of just 300 words which is covered by the following University of Washington application essay prompt:
Our families and communities often define us and our individual worlds. The community might refer to your cultural group, extended family, religious group, neighborhood or school, sports team or club, co-workers, etc. Describe the world you come from and how you, as a product of it, might add to the diversity of the University of Washington. The university wants to build a truly diverse culture that can benefit every student so show how you can add to that diversity.
They also allow for an additional University of Washington college application essay of just 200 words should you feel that you have something of importance that they should know. They provide the following guidance as to when you should provide this essay:
- You are hoping to be placed in a specific major soon
- A personal or professional goal is particularly important to you
- You have experienced personal hardships in attaining your education
- Your activities have been limited because of work or family obligations
- You have experienced unusual limitations or opportunities unique to the schools you attended
We Can Help with Your University of Washington Application
From advising on the UW application fee and process through to writing a West Chester University application essay we have the skilled and dedicated staff that are required to help you get the place that you are looking for. All of our support is provided through staff that holds postgraduate degrees and has many years of experience with helping students such as you.
When you work with us you will be paired with an expert that will fully understand how to answer the University of Washington application essay prompts. They will have all of the required language and writing skills that are needed to help you to submit a statement that is going to make you stand out. All of the writing is done with direct communication and will always result in an essay that is unique and highly personal to you.
We provide you with a full satisfaction money back guarantee and also deliver all services on time even if it is a rush order. Your writing will be fully proofread and formatted by an expert and also provided with a free plagiarism report to show that it is totally original.